Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Doing When You Don't Want To

Today I have been trying to get my school room in order. This room has become the dump room and now it seems impossible to get the "dump" out of it. Each time I pick up an item and try to find a home for it, I can't find one single spot to put it. So I just start a new pile for whatever it happens to be. This is getting old. But I have to keep trying even though I don't want to. I just keep going and hope that eventually I will figure out what to do with the junk or get frustrated enough to throw it out.

This gets me to thinking about how life is very much about doing things we don't want to do and finding joy in it. I mean not many people enjoy washing dishes but it must be done. And since we have to do it we might as well enjoy it while we are doing it. At least the results anyway. The hard part comes when you are doing, doing, doing and rarely see results. Which brings us back to dishes which are basically neverending when you have a large family. It is up to me to enjoy doing them even when I know as soon as I turn my back somebody is going to be hungry and dirty them up again. Here is another one, changing poopy diapers. Not many are super eager to do this, but it needs to be done. Now a good mother doesn't cringe and make sour faces at her darling baby when she changes the diaper. She will make happy talk with the baby while changing the offending diaper. The mother has made a choice to find joy in the unpleasant job she must do.

Yep, life is full of yucky stuff. But how we respond to all the yucky stuff life has and is, is what makes us be a blessing to others or a bitter and dried up person. I want to be a blessing and joy to those around me. So even now as I feel as if I want to cry in my unending battle with my school room, I will take a deep breath and go back to the battle with a smile on my face. And while I am back there I will thank my Lord for all He has blessed me with to be so cluttered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home