Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Oh my!

I was just going over our budget and changing things. I was adding categories for our savings account. I put amounts to each category, amounts that I would like to reach and keep in our account for each category. I was having a blast thinking it out and deciding what expenses we really should have money saved for. All was going well until I added a category for a new car and one for contingency in case of job loss. Once these were added in and the totals talleyey up, I took a quick breath. Then I took it a step further and figured the amount we can afford to save each month divided it into that amount which gave me 248 months. That divided into 12 is 20 years! Oh my! It would take 20 years to fund these categories providing life doesn't interfere with my plans (wink). It made me want to throw out the whole idea. But then I remembered the tortoise and the hare. Slow and steady, slow and steady. And anyway, I just need to be faithful, but I don't need to trust my plans or money. My trust is in the Lord. And I won't even let my mind drift to 20 years from now when David retires, I will just take my small, faithful steps, and trust the Lord for our future! He will work all out according to His plans!

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger Christina said...

But instead of thinking how life might mess up your plans or interfere with your budget smile at the knowledge of how life IN CHRIST can interfere and fix life up!!!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Dee said...

So true! That does make me smile, thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home