Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Yippee!

My dishwasher has been broken all year. I have been doing dishes by hand, which has been fine, but I did miss my dishwasher. Today my brother-in-law came out and fixed it! Woo hoo, I have a dishwasher again. I am so excited! We can get back into the habit of the children scraping their dishes and putting them in the dishwasher after each meal. Ahhhh, my "maid" is working again.

My husband's nephew is a mechanic and took a look at our van. He confirmed that we do need a new transmission. So, we will wait until either we save the money (ha-ha) or we get our tax refund next year. Then he said he will be happy to pull it and fix it for us. I am so thankful, to have the transmission replaced at a shop on our 15 passenger van would cost a LOT, but it will be so much more affordable without having to pay labor.

Talking to my sister-in-law about it she was commenting on that being such a long time to wait. My response was that patience is a virtue and I am getting practice in it. For my entire life I have been terrible with patience, I think the things that we have gone through these past couple years have been to help teach me patience. I am so much more at peace to wait now than I used to be, although I still have a long way to go.

Isn't God good to give us confirmation and hope about our van? And for fixing our dishwasher? Great things happen when you wait on the Lord!

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger Christina said...

There is such a JOY in doing things in God's timing!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home