Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

The Importance of Washable Crayons

My little Brook, who you might remember gets into everything, decided to decorate my BRAND NEW COUCH! She is very artistic you see, and while I went off to wet a cloth to change her diaper, inspiration hit her. She started with great deliberation to color the armrest of my NEW couch. Did I mention this is my NEW couch? Well the doll looked up at me with such a happy pleased look when I came back into the room, I couldn't be upset.

So this brings me to the discovery of exactly how important washable crayons are. You see, I have had my doubts. I was leaning towards just buying the super cheap crayons and not worrying about it, I have Magic Erasers for the walls so why do I need them? I now know that they are very worth the extra few pennies (and nickels, dimes and quarters).

When I took a wet rag and scrubbed my couch, the crayon came right off! Woohoo! So my NEW couch is still looking good (for now anyway, 6 children doesn't make for beautiful furniture). And I very firmly explained to my little artist that we don't color on the couch

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Christina said...

oooh... I can so relate. Once Hannah took a black permanant marker to a freshly painted wall and another time the same little artist decided to etch her name into a different freshly painted wall by scratching it into the sheetrock with a pen! sigh... back to discipline 101!!!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Dee said...

I am so glad I am not alone with my artists. How awful with permanant marker! How did you get it off?

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Christina said...

I got much of it off with "magic eraser" but it left a reddish discoloration...

eventually I had to repaint that wall AGAIN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home