Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Please Pray

Our van hasn't been working, it needs a new transmission. We have to wait until we get next year's tax return to fix it, because we just don't have any money saved yet. I have been fine with waiting and trusting the Lord during this time. My sister-in-law just offered to get it fixed for us and we could pay her back next year. My first response, is no we will just wait, but I don't want to do what's wrong. I told my husband about her offer, and he is going to make the decision. It would be really nice to have it fixed, the children and I could go to the park together again and it would be nice to go places as a family.

So, please if you think of me, take a minute to pray that the Lord would guide my husband into the right decision. Whether it is wait or go ahead and accept the help we need to know and have a peace about whichever direction it is. I tend to fret and feel guilty and needy if anyone helps us. I guess it is because of our family size, so many people feel like you shouldn't have a large family at all and if you do you should be well off financially to raise them. We believe that children are a reward from the Lord and He will provide for them. And the way that He provides is not always the way we think it should be done. He uses things that seem foolish to us, I mean He is using me, and that seems ludicrous to me! I am so very ordinary it is painful sometimes. But, He is using me for His purpose and glory! Isn't He amazing!

4 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I am praying for your van... it will be fun to see what kind of miracle the Lord will provide!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Thank you so much! It will be exciting to watch Him work!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Heidi :) said...

Why did you decide to homeschool your children? Did you have a back experience with public education?

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Heidi-
We decided to homeschool for many reasons. We wanted to teach our children about the Lord. We wanted to protect them from many things that at a tender age they are not ready for. We wanted an excellent education for them, tailor made for each of them. We wanted them to have freedom to explore and learn. There are so many reasons, it is hard to name them all. Yes, my husband had bad experiences in public school, but his entire childhood was a challenge because of alcoholism etc. So I wouldn't say that that played a big role in our decision. We feel it is the parents responsibility to educate their children.

Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
Deuteronomy 11:19

If we sent our children to school we don't feel that we would be fulfilling that responsibility.

And on top of all that, we just love to be around the little guys! I wouldn't want to send them away!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home