Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Silly Thing I Do

Last year I started a silly thing. I bought glass piggy banks for each child for $1 and glued each child's name on the top with small letter beads. I did this for my silly idea.

I started collecting quarters with the year of each child's birth. So before I spend a quarter I check the date. If it is one my children's birth years, I save it to put in their bank. When they are grown they will have a bank full of quarters with only the year they were born. It is silly, but I wanted to give them a keepsake and this idea just came to me. So now instead of collecting state quarters we collect birth year quarters. Instead of using quarters to commemmorate the states, they are celebrating my children's entrance into the world.

Most of the banks don't have much, but the year 2000, my daughter Chloe is really doing good. I also started putting in dollar coins when I have them.

The children really like it and get excited to see their jars being added to.

2 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Christina said...

that is a really cute idea!!!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Dee said...

Thank you! It's silly, but fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home