Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Being Thankful

Today is the first day of November. And this month I would like to do something different. Each day I would like to share something I am thankful for. I am going to try to do this all the way until Thanksgiving Day. If I forget, please forgive me as I have a serious case of mommy-brain.

Today I would like to share how thankful I am for all the Lord has provided for my family. We are not rich, far from it, but our needs are met. I have recently become aware of how many are less fortunate than my family and it really has put things into perspective for me. There are those that have no funds coming in and have no idea how they will make it through the day. There are some that have recently lost their home, or have no idea about how they will pay their rent do today. This is so hard and I am praying hard for all the needs I see. It has also made me so much more thankful for all we have. My mortgage is paid and the utilities are caught up. I am so thankful that the Lord has provided a nice warm, safe place for my family.

There is so much more I am thankful for, but I will save some for tomorrow and the next days. So today won't you join me in being thankful for the roof that you have over your head? No matter where it is, or how temporary, we have a place for now. Let's praise the Lord for what He has given us!

2 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Christina said...

I love your being thankful series idea! Do you mind if I use the idea too? I won't do it every day... but maybe a few... might help be get over the blues!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Absolutely do it! Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home