Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Thursday, November 03, 2005

My Husband

Today I am thankful for my husband David. He is the best man I have ever known. He is loving and kind to me. He extends me so much grace for all of my many mistakes. He is super good looking, lol! And after all we've been through together he still loves me. What more could a woman ask for?

So I am very thankful to the Lord for bringing us together. And giving me more than I ever dreamed I would have. It's funny butwhen we met I worked at a Christian bookstore and my husband was a frequent customer. When he first saw me, he felt the Lord tell him that I was to be the one. He resisted, lol! I had no interest in him at all. But over the years as he grew and changed and I grew and changed, the Lord opened our eyes to eachother. It was amazing, but both of us at the same time were attracted to each other, not just physically, but spiritually too. God is so good. Our first date was November 8th 1992, and we were engaged 3 months later. We didn't tell anyone that we were engaged for 3 more months because we knew that people would say it was to soon. And in May of 1993 we were married. Neither of us have ever regretted our marriage!

So who or what are you thankful for today?

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Christina said...

It HAS to be a typo... you began dating your husband in Nov. 1992 and got married in May 2003??? Maybe you meant 1993? I don't think you waited THAT long to get married, did you?

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Ooops, I better fix that, lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home