Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Thursday, February 16, 2006

It Just Hit Me

This morning I ate breakfast at about 5 o'clock in the morning. When the children woke up to eat their breakfast at 7:30 I didn't eat a second one like I normally would. It just hit me that I didn't want to eat because I was hungry, but because I like the taste of the food. When I actually thought about it I realized what I have been doing all these years. I have been eating for the taste and pleasure, not for actual hunger. So today I said no to a second breakfast and continued my daily duties. It's hard to believe, but I resisted little chocolate donuts, lol! If you knew me, you would know that is quite a feat.

So even though I feel very frustrated with my printer that will only print half of the page I need for school, grrr, I am not running to the pleasure of food. It is wonderful to finally be able to go aha to what I believe the Lord has been trying to tell me.

Today, we are going to skip actual school and do a bit of home ec. The house is becoming a pit again and I just can't do school when I feel the walls caving in. So today we will do lessons in housekeeping which will probably involve me doing most of the work unfortunately. Oh well, little by little they will learn. Just as the Lord is patient with me, I will do my best to be patient with my children as they are learning and growing in this area.

Here is a verse that has come to my mind for today:
For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
Isaiah 28:10
After reading this in context my understanding of it is that it is a warning to those that hear the word of the Lord and tune it out and don't really have a heart to hear. My time in the Word in the mornings has gotten put aside again as my youngest has begun to wake up and need my attention. So, I have not been reading it. I feel the Lord is reminding me with this verse to come back and hear, really hear His words.
So, back to the Bible I will go. He is so good to call me back to Him.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Christina said...

Ahhh! It is so good to have you back to blogging, Dee. I missed your Godly insights! You always remind me where my focus should be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home