Becoming a Titus 2 Woman

Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4,5

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I Finally Figured it Out!

Over the years I have done battle with my tub/shower, and I have been losing. Our water is so hard that it seemed I needed power tools to keep it clean. I tried all kinds of cleaners and sprays and nothing worked. I was resigning myself to have a dirty looking tub and consoling myself with the fact that at least I knew I had cleaned it. It wasn't very encouraging though. I mean who wants to clean their bodies in a grungy looking shower? And I knew that my husband was having his doubts that I ever really cleaned it.

Recently I stumbled on something that has given me the advantage in my battle, and I do believe I have victory at last! I have always used nylon scrubbies similar to SOS pads to scrub my tub but it was near impossible to get the stuff off the tub. So I decided to do just a tiny bit each time I shower. I take my scrubbie, and scrub just for a few minutes right before I shower/bathe. This has made such a difference. I no longer dread my tub and my husband actually said it is starting to look new (he is being kind, it is a really old tub and nothing could make it look new). So bit by bit the hard layers have come off and I continue to scrub each shower to ensure it doesn't come back.

Our shower curtain was a problem also, because it rusts and is so awkward to clean. I ended up buying a new one at the Dollar Tree and getting rid of the old one. The new one is flimsy, but I am going to buy a new one each month or so and keep that looking nice also.

I had tried to do this before with a flimsy scrubber and squeegy, but it didn't do a thing. I needed something stronger, the nylon scrubbies, for this to work. So if you are fighting a losing battle with your tub, the answer is simple. Scrub before you tub! And bring out the big guns, don't use any old wimpy sponge, lol!

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Christina said...

OH! I am ABSOLUTELY sure this must be a spiritual application to this story about letting God remove the layers of grime in our life! Perhaps, subject matter for a future blog?

Check out my blog. I have added a few entries, including a new family photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home